Saturday, February 2, 2013

Singin' In the Rain

'Singin' In The Rain'... I can't remember when I first watched this movie, but it's been a favorite from my first viewing. Everything about it makes me smile!







"Good Morning" is such an amazing song. The history behind it is that Debbie Reynolds had bleeding feet by the time they finished filming this number. Also, she is supposed to have said that the 2 hardest things she did were giving birth - and 'Singin' In The Rain'.


The verve and energy in - most - of the musical numbers is toe-tappingly joyous.




This one makes me laugh... and gets stuck in my head often! ------>
Donald O'Connor and Gene Kelly should have made more movies together, they were a marvelous team.

Singin' In the Rain



Singin' In the Rain by writer200 featuring antique gold bracelets


 I dare you to not to laugh at Donald in this...

Donald O'Connor could dance! So exhausted after he filmed this number that he was in the hospital for 3 days afterwards. Oh, he definitely held his own against the extremely athletic Gene. To compare the 2 would be comparing apples and oranges. Both were blinkin' AWESOME!

And last but NOT least! The one and only..... Gene Kelly. I leave you with this exuberant number.

P.S. Don't forget to jump in a few puddles when summer rolls around again. It will do you good!

No comments:

Post a Comment